Writing Prompt Aug. 10: (Yawn)
What bores you?
As I thought about this question at first I could think of nothing in particular.. but then all of sudden a list started compiling in my head. This my friends is what bores me, one way or another! 🙂
- Small Talk/ Useless Conversation
- Books that are too predictable
- Movies that are cheesy/ too predictable
- Books and movies that are not realistic/ believable
- Eating the same foods too often/over again
- Reading the same bedtime story to my son over and over again 🙂
- Anything to do with figures/numbers/finances 😐
- Most commercials/ advertisements (there are a few exceptions, particularly ones with cute animals)
- People who can’t get to the point, or who over-exaggerate
- Rehashing old topics of conversation/issues over and over again
- Basketball on TV
- Sports radio
- Having the same schedule everyday
- Practicality without beauty/creativity
- Reading the same authors books one after another, such as books part of a drawn-out series. (I like having variety in writing style. After a while I can go back and read the author again and enjoy it much more.
- Books in which the characters have too much of an inner dialogue with themselves, or get hung up on his/her issues, with no emotional growth.
- Modern architecture/ style
- Certain modern worship music 😮 !!
- Painting baseboards 🙂
- To much quotations on Facebook or Pinterest, particularly ones that are meant to show a person’s current emotional state…
This is all I could think of for now..
Maybe I’ll keep the list going as I think of things… 🙂
Let me know what you would add to the list..
Until next time,