This is how it looked like before I put some work into it.
(I had forgotten to take before pictures of it, because I dived right into the project. However the person who sold it to me was nice enough to email me his craigslist photos. :))
Deciding to paint it was an obvious choice. I had to fill in multiple imperfections with wood filler, and I had to take off some of the peeling veneer, thus staining the natural wood was not an option I managed to completely built up the trim piece that was broken off with wood putty. So, after some good sanding to make sure it all blended in with the old, the coat of paint made it look as good as new. I used homemade chalk paint to paint the piece, and it gave it a nice buttery smooth finish.
I then went on to clear wax it, and then dark waxed it around the details and legs. The dark wax deepened the color a bit, and gave it a more vintage appearance. I didn’t want the paint to look too new, and not match the style and age of the piece. The hardware on this was absolutely beautiful; it had a natural aged patina which I did not touch.
I really love the color I chose. It is a blue/green, which looks different depending on the light. It is very similar to Annie Sloans Duck Egg Blue, which some may be familiar with.
Well that’s all for now. I hope you guys like my projects. I have another one that I just finished, and will talk about in the near future.